Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Adventures in Photoshop

I often get bored and just try to be creative with photoshop. I've gotten better over time as you can see by some of these images.



This is my response to the strange 3 wolf moon trend over the past year.

It is aptly titled "3 Teen Wolf Moon." Note the fact that Michael J. Fox is dunking the moon.




This is just a simple birthday card I made for one of my brothers (that's his body). I found the picture of the poo mascot and thought this would be a fantastic image.

This is in response to a card he gave me as a kid that said "Sorry for all those times I called you a butt-head growing up. I didn't mean to insult your butt like that."




One of my first photoshops ever. It's pretty terrible as far as composition goes, but I just loved the idea. The source images are the classic charge at Iwo Jima and a couple of Canadian Geese walking along the road.



Above is a picture that took me a full plane ride from DC to California. The source image was black and white in fairly low resolution. I stripped it down as far as I could and then colorized the water and sunset using gradients and the soft eraser tool. The words in the back read "The future you have tomorrow won't be the same as the future you had yesterday." This is a line from the Chuck Palahniuk book "Rant"




Last one for this post. This is a picture I took while skiing in Utah last winter. I used the glowing edges filter and then a few others I don't recall. The coloring is all done with the color replacement tool. I really love the way the trees turned out and the distinct outline of the snowboarder in front of me.

No comments: