Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fame - a short play

Here is the recently released trailer for the upcoming remake of Fame



Much like every other movie/tv show in this genre (Save The Last Dance, Glee, Camp, High School Musical.... um... Dirty Dancing perhaps?) you can break down the entire plot into a short dialogue between one of the students and those mean old adults.

ADULT (In a Jerry Orbach manner): You'll never make it!

STUDENT: Why not?

ADULT: Because you're different (and/or your sport scholarship will be jeopardized).

STUDENT: But that's why I am great... that is why I NEED to succeed.

ADULT: You're right. Here's a comically large commendation for your actions. In fact, I think I'll join in, then catch myself in front of my esteemed colleagues, frown for a moment, then shyly smile.


Don't get me wrong. I love these movies. Let's just see one where they fail. Maybe the brilliant minds that produced South Park will do one. What? They produced Hamlet 2? DAMNIT!

No comments: