Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My old band's myspace is still functional

So my senior year of high school I went through a giant funk phase. All I listened to was Galactic, Average White Band, Maceo Parker and others of the sort. My buddies in this funkophelia were long-time friends Evan Weiss and Spencer Inch. These two guys were incredible musicians so I asked them to start jamming and see what came out of it. I played guitar, Evan played saxophone, and Spencer played drums. We brought in my buddy Mike Grippi to round it all off with some bass.

You can find live recordings at our old myspace page
This was the most fun I had in a band because all we did was jam. We showed up at the house, took out our instruments and played until no more notes would come. As can be seen in the Chameleon cover, we had a pretty good feel for how to play together and get the most of our music. I haven't seen or spoken to any of these guys in over a year, but I loved that time in my life and would love to get back together with them and make some music again at some point.

Instrumental note: Listen for the wah pedal used on the sax. Awesome effect stumbled upon by mistake.

No comments: